The project “L’AQUA: Legends and myths on water for European tourist routes” has been approved by the European Commission, with Reference number S12.682304, under the call for proposals “Cooperation projects to support transnational tourism based on European cultural and industrial heritage” (69/G/ENT/PPA/13/411).
The project brings together partners from Cyprus, Estonia, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Hungary and Germany:
· EI Cluster de Turismo de Extremadura (ES) (leader of the consortium)
· Cyprus University of Technology (CY)
· Stichting Business Development Friesland (NL)
· Karuskose OlJ (EE)
· Provincia di Terni (IT)
· Velencei-tavi Fejlesztesi Nonprofit Kft (HU)
· Universidad de Extremadura RED Universidades Lectoras (ES)
· Fundación para el Desarrollo Infotecnológico de Empresas y Sociedad (ES)
· Arbeitsgemeinschaft Europaischer Grenzregionen (DE)
· Junta de Extremadura/Consejería de Empleo, Empresa e Innovación/DG Empresa y Actividad Empresarial (ES)
· Partenalia aisbl (BE)
L´AQUA is focused on the tourism potential of this intangible heritage in relation to water, establishing a transnational product and route, with its (regional) sectors, covering in total 8 areas/countries where water and related activities play an important role in their geography and/or history, and putting the magnifying glass on the sagas, myths, legends and traditions associated to water.
The 18 months project will contribute to the Europe 2020 strategy, promoting an economic development through a smart, sustainable, and inclusive growth on tourism.
The kickoff meeting will take place in Brussels (Belgium) on 3rd September 2014 and will be useful to present the organizations involved with the project, discuss the working plan and goals and distribution of the different tasks.